Friday 18 January 2013

Book tip




I know, I know, I always go for chick lit, but I just love it! The funny thing is, I haven't warmed up to everyone's favourites Sophie Kinsella or Marian Keyes. They just haven't managed to keep me reading yet and I find myself putting their books aside after a few pages. But one never knows...
The novel shown above centers around 26-year-old Jessica Granger, whose parents are famous movie actors, and who wants nothing more than to live her own life without her dad interfering or people just liking her because of her celebrity parents. She decides to move to London for a while, far away from all things Hollywood, and starts working as an assistant to a celebrity booker. At first she has a hard time, but eventually her colleagues warm to her. She also starts to work as part-time nanny for her boss's kids and through that finds out what she really wants to do in life. 
I particularly liked her unfazed attitude when it comes to celebrtities and also loved the excerpt above. She's completely right, due to all our thinking and worrying we forget to enjoy the present and fail to notice all the little lovely things around us.
Luckily I was able to get the new Gabriella Pierce novel "The lost soul" yesterday and have already devoured the first quarter. Does anyone of you know the books?

No comments:

Post a Comment